You heard it here first, folks!
Layperson's guide to the favoured transport of the future:
- Horse. Equus Caballus. This will eventually replace the petroleum internal combustion engine as the power source of a large percentage land based transport. Smaller versions of this vehicle may be powered by pedal, and one or more Homo Sapiens.
- Bloke on top. There's no reason that this couldn't be a woman.
- Big Battery. Made with what ever means are the least polluting and toxic. Hydrogen fuel cell? maybe...
- Combined electromagnetic braking device and electric motor. Braking charges battery, saves on wear and tear on manual brakes and horses. Electric motor makes life easier for horses, especially on starting.
- Blokes on back. Could be replaced with food, or other goods. Or a solar panel, to take even more work off the horse(s)